You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does iCloud messages sync deletion after turning it on?

Basically I accidentally deleted messages on my iPhone that has iCloud messages turned off, but they are available on my iPad (synced before) that has iCloud messages turned on.

if I were to turn iCloud messages on on my iPhone, will they be deleted on both devices? Or they will be resorted on my iPhone?

iPhone XS

Posted on Jan 2, 2021 1:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2021 1:24 PM

Mohan199nad wrote:

if I were to turn iCloud messages on on my iPhone, will they be deleted on both devices? Or they will be resorted on my iPhone?

If you turn it on on the iPhone, it wouldn't be deleted on both devices. To retrieve the messages on the iPhone, you could restore from a backup, or alternatively you could switch the feature on the iPhone and the messages (all) will sync.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 2, 2021 1:24 PM in response to Mohan199nad

Mohan199nad wrote:

If you turn it on on the iPhone, it wouldn't be deleted on both devices. To retrieve the messages on the iPhone, you could restore from a backup, or alternatively you could switch the feature on the iPhone and the messages (all) will sync.

Does iCloud messages sync deletion after turning it on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.