You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fan Noise on MacBook Pro

Hey Guys, I have a MacBook Pro 13inch Retina. One fine morning when I turned ON my macbook was making noise, I thought that I might haven't close some apps properly. Then I checked, everything was fine.

I followed all the steps from Apple community like restart, shutdown, clear unwanted app, clear memory, reset SMC.

Even now I have the fan noise, the best part is my laptop isn't heating because of the fan noise.

I have reset the SMC but still I get fan noise. Immediately after I turn on my MacBook

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 3:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 3:53 AM

AFAIK, the main reasons for the fan overworking is the high temperature on computer parts that your mac tries to reduce. The reason for the high temperature may be the lack of computer resources, poor ventilation etc. So we may start seeking for the actual problem and solution from this point.

To begin with, check the Activity Monitor - is everything all right there?

View CPU activity in Activity Monitor on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 5, 2021 3:53 AM in response to mownesh

AFAIK, the main reasons for the fan overworking is the high temperature on computer parts that your mac tries to reduce. The reason for the high temperature may be the lack of computer resources, poor ventilation etc. So we may start seeking for the actual problem and solution from this point.

To begin with, check the Activity Monitor - is everything all right there?

View CPU activity in Activity Monitor on Mac - Apple Support

Fan Noise on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.