You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS high sierra

hi my MacBook air have macOS high sierra version 10.13.6 and i can't upgrade to the new version

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 9:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 10:02 AM

It depending on the Age ( Year ) of the computer. For those computers that do not qualify for Big Sur ( Latest macOS ) one can download and install older macOS Version Here. For computers that do qualify for Big Sur - read over here.

Note: moving from High Sierra to Mojave is straight forwards. Moving from HS to Catalina - Does Not Support any 32 Bit Applications / Extensions. From HS directly to Big Sur is much more involved in that the Empty Space Requirements for a successful install are very important Before attempting this move. And, like Catalina, Big Sur does not support any 32 bit Apps / Extensions.

Lastly, any time before doing a macOS UpGrade - a Time Machine Backup is really necessary. I always suggest doing two TESTED Clones each to separate external drives before an UpGrade - insurance if ate upgrade goes sideways.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 3, 2021 10:02 AM in response to nanojenny

It depending on the Age ( Year ) of the computer. For those computers that do not qualify for Big Sur ( Latest macOS ) one can download and install older macOS Version Here. For computers that do qualify for Big Sur - read over here.

Note: moving from High Sierra to Mojave is straight forwards. Moving from HS to Catalina - Does Not Support any 32 Bit Applications / Extensions. From HS directly to Big Sur is much more involved in that the Empty Space Requirements for a successful install are very important Before attempting this move. And, like Catalina, Big Sur does not support any 32 bit Apps / Extensions.

Lastly, any time before doing a macOS UpGrade - a Time Machine Backup is really necessary. I always suggest doing two TESTED Clones each to separate external drives before an UpGrade - insurance if ate upgrade goes sideways.

macOS high sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.