You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error 10

I'm trying to reset/update my iPhone 8, but I keep getting an "unknown error 10" and the process doesn't complete.

iPhone 8

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 8:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 8:40 AM

See this support document for update/restore errors and troubleshooting steps. iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support

2 replies

Jan 5, 2021 9:14 AM in response to patrickfromsanta barbara

My iMac is running Sierra (due to some software that I need to use that isn't happy under newer OS's), and I never could get the restore to work. I ended up resetting/reinstalling the phone using my wife's computer, running Catalina. Then, when I connected the iPhone to my computer to restore from a backup, the phone wouldn't show up in iTunes. I was able to get it to show up again, using the software indicated in this article: https://osxdaily.com/2019/11/06/fix-iphone-11-not-showing-syncing-itunes-mac/. Then, I was able to restore using the backup I made prior to resetting the phone. I am now up and running and life is good again.

error 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.