You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Muted apps

Hallo and happy new year , last 6 months my 11 pro max mutes certain apps itself, like mutes audio of Instagram stories or Facebook ... my iPhone is always unmuted (from side switch) and full volume... it’s very annoying every time I open an app to volume up even if it’s full just to replay storie or video so I can hear it ..

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 2:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 9:08 AM

Hi GoDL1K3M3,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with sounds playing within your apps. We'd like to help.

Can you tell us a little more about what is going on? When looking at Instagram or Facebook Stories, do the videos play but the audio doesn't? Does the same thing happen if you restart your iPhone and try again? How about if you force Instagram and Facebook to close and then reopen: How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Does this happen on any Apple apps as well or is it isolated to these 3rd party apps?

Let us know and we'll continue to help!

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 7, 2021 9:08 AM in response to GoDL1K3M3

Hi GoDL1K3M3,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with sounds playing within your apps. We'd like to help.

Can you tell us a little more about what is going on? When looking at Instagram or Facebook Stories, do the videos play but the audio doesn't? Does the same thing happen if you restart your iPhone and try again? How about if you force Instagram and Facebook to close and then reopen: How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Does this happen on any Apple apps as well or is it isolated to these 3rd party apps?

Let us know and we'll continue to help!

Jan 7, 2021 9:44 AM in response to bailier

Video plays but audio is muted , I must press volume up or down and rewatch story to work again (audio and video). I have uninstall and install both of them already but nothing changed, sync with iTunes but nothing again , if I force close it (and don’t use volume up or down) nothing changes .... it also happens in Snapchat but once in a will (I don’t use it often)... thanks in advance

edit: it also happens when I lock my iPhone I don’t hear the Lock Screen sound (not often but it happens )

Muted apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.