You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have to transfer my data from my old iPad Air to a new one that is not delivered yet. Using methods suggested by Apple, will my orders and passwords be transferred?

When transferring my data from my old iPad Air to my new one using Apple suggested methods, will my passwords be transferred across? Also my order/purchase history?

iPad Air 3 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 10:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 11:21 AM

Thanks for clarifying your concern with us, Deepak!

Third party app data should transfer to your new iPad, regardless of the transfer method. To make sure everything you need will be transferred from the old iPad to the new one, we suggest the following:

1. Contact the app developer to verify the data gets backed up with a device backup: How to contact an app developer - Apple Support
  2. Backup the old iPad: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support, and then transfer your content through your desired method. Before erasing the old iPad, verify the app data you need is available.

Should you have additional questions or concerns, check out the following articles:

What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

About backups for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Then, get in touch with Apple Support directly for additional information: Get Support.

Best!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 10, 2021 11:21 AM in response to deepakfrommatlock

Thanks for clarifying your concern with us, Deepak!

Third party app data should transfer to your new iPad, regardless of the transfer method. To make sure everything you need will be transferred from the old iPad to the new one, we suggest the following:

1. Contact the app developer to verify the data gets backed up with a device backup: How to contact an app developer - Apple Support
  2. Backup the old iPad: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support, and then transfer your content through your desired method. Before erasing the old iPad, verify the app data you need is available.

Should you have additional questions or concerns, check out the following articles:

What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

About backups for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Then, get in touch with Apple Support directly for additional information: Get Support.

Best!

Jan 7, 2021 12:40 PM in response to deepakfrommatlock

Hi, Deepak!

Congratulations on your new iPad Air! We understand that you have questions regarding what data will transfer if you use one of the recommended data transfer options. We're happy to help!

What data transfers via each method depends on whether or not you use iCloud for certain content. Regardless of the transfer method, though, as long as you sign into iCloud and other Apple services (like the iTunes and App Stores) with the same Apple ID you used on the old one, all of the content on your current iPad Air will transfer to the new iPad Air:

Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

To ensure your passwords are synced, you can enable iCloud Keychain before transfer: Set up iCloud Keychain - Apple Support.

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities!

Enjoy your new iPad.

I have to transfer my data from my old iPad Air to a new one that is not delivered yet. Using methods suggested by Apple, will my orders and passwords be transferred?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.