You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP5530 Easy Scan error message after MacOS 11.1 install

HP55530 Printer Easy Scan error message after MacOS 11.1 Big Sur install

Mac mini, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 1:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 2:24 PM

I am sorry you are having a scanner problem. If you will bear with me, I will offer some things to consider. Whenever we install an operating system upgrade or some OS updates, printers and scanners will often stop working. Then new OS compliant softwarer must be installed for that scanner. Experience has shown that many manufacturers are very slow to provide updated drivers. Drivers for some older printers and scanners are never provided. What we can do is to thoroughly check the scanner's web site for an updated driver that works. If one is not available, then we should ask when one will be released. If not, then you can check the VueScan app which you can try for free to see if it works for you. It is a full featured scanning software and I can recommend it. (I have no association with VueScan.) Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 5, 2021 2:24 PM in response to Roskil

I am sorry you are having a scanner problem. If you will bear with me, I will offer some things to consider. Whenever we install an operating system upgrade or some OS updates, printers and scanners will often stop working. Then new OS compliant softwarer must be installed for that scanner. Experience has shown that many manufacturers are very slow to provide updated drivers. Drivers for some older printers and scanners are never provided. What we can do is to thoroughly check the scanner's web site for an updated driver that works. If one is not available, then we should ask when one will be released. If not, then you can check the VueScan app which you can try for free to see if it works for you. It is a full featured scanning software and I can recommend it. (I have no association with VueScan.) Good luck.

HP5530 Easy Scan error message after MacOS 11.1 install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.