You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I create a book with fields people can write in?

I have my bible in Apple Books and it gives me the ability to highlight fields, and to write notes with scribble. I have created a day planner I want to upload to Apple Books and want to have areas on each page where people can write their info using scribble.

I know when I have a pdf in books, it lets me write on it, erase etc., so I'm just wondering if anyone can give me guidance on creating fields like this for a book I upload to Apple Books?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 6:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 6:51 AM

This is the Pages for Mac community where the features that you discuss in iBooks Author, are not implemented in the current version (10.3.5) of Pages. You may find more help in the communites accompanying Apple Books for Authors.

6 replies

Jan 7, 2021 8:27 AM in response to konigco

As of Pages v10.3.5, it can open an iBooks Author document, but it lacks the iBook Author authoring tools that allow you to generate Books from Pages with iBook Author features such as those editable user fields that you speak. As of Big Sur 11.1, my copy of iBooks Author still works, even though Apple alluded to it working on Catalina.

How can I create a book with fields people can write in?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.