You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outgoing e-mail port

How do I change my iphone 11 outgoing e-mail port to 465? It automatically puts in 587 so I cannot send an e-mail. I can receive them but not send them. I've had other e-mail accounts on this phone and they worked fine.

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 7:01 AM

10 replies

Jan 7, 2021 9:28 AM in response to V-Lefler

How did you add that account? I don't think you could do it automatically, since your provider is not among the list.

Did you follow these instructions?:--> Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Again, if you still get no help, contact your email provider. They should be able to solve your problem.

Regards

Giulio

Jan 7, 2021 9:13 AM in response to ProustGiulio

I've had two other e-mail providers on my phone for this past year. One of them is pointing to Port 465 and the other to Port 25. I just want to be able to change the port on this new e-mail, but Apple fills it in for me. Is there any way to manually change it? I have tried to add another SMTP server but again it automatically adds Port 587 to it.

Outgoing e-mail port

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.