You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad applecare

Hi, would like to know if it is possible to purchase applecare before I purchase my ipad (because someone is selling their unused apple care at a cheaper price) then activate it after I got my ipad?

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 7:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 2:27 AM

Correct. You cannot purchase AppleCare+ prior to purchasing a brand-new device.

You can only purchase AppleCare+ from Apple. If you purchase the device directly from Apple (either from the physical or online Apple Stores), you can add the cost of AppleCare+ at the time of purchase.

If you purchase from an Apple Authorised reseller, you can purchase AppleCare+ from the device itself, if it qualifies, after it is initially switched-on and activated.

For qualifying devices, AppleCare+ can be purchased up to 60-days after purchase of a qualifying device.

Devices purchased from other sources may not qualify for AppleCare+ coverage.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 9, 2021 2:27 AM in response to applenoob0987

Correct. You cannot purchase AppleCare+ prior to purchasing a brand-new device.

You can only purchase AppleCare+ from Apple. If you purchase the device directly from Apple (either from the physical or online Apple Stores), you can add the cost of AppleCare+ at the time of purchase.

If you purchase from an Apple Authorised reseller, you can purchase AppleCare+ from the device itself, if it qualifies, after it is initially switched-on and activated.

For qualifying devices, AppleCare+ can be purchased up to 60-days after purchase of a qualifying device.

Devices purchased from other sources may not qualify for AppleCare+ coverage.

Jan 8, 2021 8:35 AM in response to applenoob0987

AppleCare+ cannot be purchased “in advance”. The cost is fixed by Apple - and is determined by the device model.

If purchasing a device directly from Apple, AppleCare+ can be purchased at the time of purchase, or within 60 days of the purchase. If purchasing the device from an Apple Authorised reseller, AppleCare+ can be added from device settings - or by visiting an Apple Store.

Ipad applecare

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.