You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad 6th gen dual screen

I have an ipad that I use for work and I constantly have to switch between apps and sometimes have to retype the same thing several times if it doesn't save and I have to switch back. It's incredibly frustrating. I'm not as familiar with apple products so I'm hoping there's a way to temporarily add a monitor so I can view two simultaneously. Is there any way to add a second monitor to an ipad? I know some models allow split screen options but that would be to small. Any ideas?

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 11:26 AM

1 reply

Jan 12, 2021 7:44 AM in response to Salamander80

Hi Salamander80,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! We'd love to help in any way we can with your question regarding your iPad.

While there isn't an option to extend the screen of your iPad onto a second display, you are correct that your iPad features split screen and other multitasking options. We'd like to share a great support guide with details all about multitasking options:

Use Multitasking on your iPad

We'd also like to share a link with great information about how gestures and other options to easily copy and paste text and other content:

Cut, copy, and paste between iPad and other devices

There's one alternative option that we want to be sure to mention as well. If you own an iPhone and are signed in with the same Apple ID, you may consider using the Universal Clipboard feature to copy and paste content between your iPhone and iPad, so that you can have a different app open on each on. Here's a link with further details:

Use Universal Clipboard to copy and paste between your Apple devices

We're here for you if you've got any questions.

Have a great day!

Ipad 6th gen dual screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.