You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic vs GarageBand Import Issues With Tempo

Hello all. I recorded a song in Logic at 128 BPM. Audio guitars, midi drums. I exported the track to an audio file and sent it to my singer. He only has GarageBand, and not noticing the tempo, recorded his vocal tracks at 120. I received his GarageBand tracks, and even though he set his tempo different, as far as audio is concerned, they are in sync. However, when I upgrade his GarageBand files into Logic, then import them into my original Logic project, the tempo is completely off. I've tried importing his project files with the tempo info removed, and no luck. I tried removing them via Edit>Tempo>Remove after import, but then again, no luck.

Logic wants to speed it up by those 8 beats. Even when I export his vocal tracks to AIFF files, then import them to my project, the speeding up continues. I'm sure I'm missing something simple (such as turning off a tempo setting), but any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 9:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 3:22 AM

It looks like your friend imported your files (128BpM) into a garageband project with 120 BpM, and because he only used your stems everything is in sync. This happens very often and requires a standard procedure.

How to handle this?

• Open the garageband session (120BpM) of your friend in a new Logic Project.

• Set the tempo of the new created Logic session to 120 BpM (it's the default anyway).

• Bounce or export the vocal tracks. Make sure they have the same starting point as the instrumental files.

• Now close the 120 BpM Logic Project.

• Open the old Logic Project (128 Bpm) and import the new created vocal files. Ignore the tempo prompt while importing.

• It should be done.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 10, 2021 3:22 AM in response to 321thief

It looks like your friend imported your files (128BpM) into a garageband project with 120 BpM, and because he only used your stems everything is in sync. This happens very often and requires a standard procedure.

How to handle this?

• Open the garageband session (120BpM) of your friend in a new Logic Project.

• Set the tempo of the new created Logic session to 120 BpM (it's the default anyway).

• Bounce or export the vocal tracks. Make sure they have the same starting point as the instrumental files.

• Now close the 120 BpM Logic Project.

• Open the old Logic Project (128 Bpm) and import the new created vocal files. Ignore the tempo prompt while importing.

• It should be done.

Logic vs GarageBand Import Issues With Tempo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.