You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mail quits unexpectedly !Please Help!

My Mac mail will not open. It “quits unexpectedly “. Running OS El Capitan 10.11.6

Tried to start up in safe mode. Same problem.

PLEASE help! This is making me crazy and need my email.

have tried several things. All was working fine and this just started several days ago out of nowhere. It’s definitely an issue with the computer, not internet.

Thank you!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 6:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 6:38 PM

Here are some steps that may resolve the issue.

If the issue persists from the new user, continue with the following steps.

If the issue does not persist from the new user, the issue is user-specific. Contact Apple Support for further assistance.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 10, 2021 6:38 PM in response to krbender

Here are some steps that may resolve the issue.

If the issue persists from the new user, continue with the following steps.

If the issue does not persist from the new user, the issue is user-specific. Contact Apple Support for further assistance.

Jan 11, 2021 1:05 PM in response to krbender

You may have a malformed email that is open but default. Close Mail and reopen while pressing the shift key. Without selecting the first email (very important), right-click it and delete it.

Another option, is to change your Mail view to Columns and disallow the preview. The first mail in the list is the culprit: delete it.

Jan 11, 2021 1:18 PM in response to 6x6

Trying to do this but I hold down shift key and mail not opening. Then it opens and closes so fast that I can’t click on anything.

mail view already in columns.

Then I got it to open but then it was only open for two seconds and when I click on junk mail to try to delete it it crashes so I think there’s something in the junk mailbox that is bad but I don’t have enough time to go select it and delete it it

Mac mail quits unexpectedly !Please Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.