You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does my MacBook Air show no updates when I'm running 10.13.6

why does my MacBook Air not update-running 10.13.6 it is only four years old

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 7:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 7:59 PM

Here are some articles that may help.

3 replies

Jan 10, 2021 8:19 PM in response to minkweasel

Sometimes Software Update only shows updates instead of upgrades. Updates are just, as they say, updates to the major system version you are running, i.e. 10.13 10.13.6 was released only two and a half months ago.

Upgrades are a jump to the next major system version, in your case Mojave or 10.14 Apple has since also released 10.15 and 11. Typically Apple only supports system versions for a couple of years so it is likely the next "update" for you is actually going to be upgrading to Mojave or higher. I was reading one university web site where they said that even Mojave is considered "end of life" and they are not supporting it anymore. Do pay attention to application compatibility though. Catalina in particular "broke" a lot of older applications.

why does my MacBook Air show no updates when I'm running 10.13.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.