You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can not attach photo from Photos to a webmail / webform / email on Catalina / Big Sur

Hi,

I am not able to attach HEIC photos from photos from my Macs (Big Sur + Catalina) in webmail / webform or email (Apple Mail). I can see only photos with JPG / PNG extensions but not HEIC.

Please how to fix it?

Thx a lot, Vojtech

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 2:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 4:57 AM

It depends on the application/website you are trying to post to. If they recognise HEIC you can select them. If not, you can't

The only workaround is to first export to a folder (file>export) and then attach to the website from there. The exception to that, should be apple mail. On catalina I can attach HEIC to emails but they get converted to a jpg. How are you trying to attach them?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 11, 2021 4:57 AM in response to vojtech_007

It depends on the application/website you are trying to post to. If they recognise HEIC you can select them. If not, you can't

The only workaround is to first export to a folder (file>export) and then attach to the website from there. The exception to that, should be apple mail. On catalina I can attach HEIC to emails but they get converted to a jpg. How are you trying to attach them?

I can not attach photo from Photos to a webmail / webform / email on Catalina / Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.