You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Book Air battery replacement

My track pad / cursor is working erratically. I'm told this is a sign that my battery is overheating & needs to be replaced. Does this make sense? How much should I be paying for the new battery & labor to install / replace it?

Thanks

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 9:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 8:25 PM

This is very difficult to determine the cause and cost based on your post. Battery can be failing and expanding / swelling and obstructing the operations of the track pad. On the other hand, it could just be a failing track pad. What does it state in the Battery Health portion of the system preferences?

You can have your MacBook Pro examined at the Apple Store or an Authorized Service Center when they open or contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 11, 2021 8:25 PM in response to Mort11

This is very difficult to determine the cause and cost based on your post. Battery can be failing and expanding / swelling and obstructing the operations of the track pad. On the other hand, it could just be a failing track pad. What does it state in the Battery Health portion of the system preferences?

You can have your MacBook Pro examined at the Apple Store or an Authorized Service Center when they open or contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

Mac Book Air battery replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.