You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bought iPhone 8 still locked to the carrier

i bought 1 iPhone 8 64gb still locked to the carrier also 1 iPhone 6s still linked to find my iPhone both from the same seller.

I tried to reach out to him as he lives 4 cities away once finding out after but he shows confusion in interested to resolve these conflicts

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 12:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 12:56 AM

Then tell him you need to return the phones for a refund.

The carrier locked phone you might be able to resolve if you know which carrier it is locked to (Only the carrier can remove the lock). But the activation lock cannot be removed without the associated apple ID owner - and that phone will be useless to you until it is removed.

If it is simlocked (carrier locked)

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201328

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 12, 2021 12:56 AM in response to sexynick07

Then tell him you need to return the phones for a refund.

The carrier locked phone you might be able to resolve if you know which carrier it is locked to (Only the carrier can remove the lock). But the activation lock cannot be removed without the associated apple ID owner - and that phone will be useless to you until it is removed.

If it is simlocked (carrier locked)

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201328

Jan 12, 2021 1:01 AM in response to sexynick07

That was a reckless purchase and neither we, just users like you, nor Apple can help you, sorry.

iPhone 8: only the carrier whom that iPhone is locked to can unlock it, if your are eligible. See also this support article:--> How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

iPhone 6s: Without knowing the credentials that were used to activate it, that device is useless to you.

Regards

Giulio

Bought iPhone 8 still locked to the carrier

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.