You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help updating ios not enough space on ipad

Need help updating ios on ipad not enough space

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 3:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 3:50 AM

SOLUTION I:

Free space on your device. You can do so by getting rid of unnecessary photos, screenshots, videos, iMessage chats, etc. You may also offload apps. Or, I would recommend removing huge apps like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc. After the update, you may reinstall and log in. These apps already have all your data on their servers. So, not much problem there.

Open the Settings app → GeneraliPhone Storage to learn about how much free space you have. You may also delete apps and media from here if needed.

SOLUTION II:

You may also connect the iPhone to a Mac or PC. Next, on Windows PC or Mac running macOS Mojave and earlier, open iTunes. On Mac running macOS Catalina or Big Sur, open Finder. Trust the iPhone if required and from the Summary tab, click on Update.

Hope it helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 12, 2021 3:50 AM in response to HDDD1234

SOLUTION I:

Free space on your device. You can do so by getting rid of unnecessary photos, screenshots, videos, iMessage chats, etc. You may also offload apps. Or, I would recommend removing huge apps like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc. After the update, you may reinstall and log in. These apps already have all your data on their servers. So, not much problem there.

Open the Settings app → GeneraliPhone Storage to learn about how much free space you have. You may also delete apps and media from here if needed.

SOLUTION II:

You may also connect the iPhone to a Mac or PC. Next, on Windows PC or Mac running macOS Mojave and earlier, open iTunes. On Mac running macOS Catalina or Big Sur, open Finder. Trust the iPhone if required and from the Summary tab, click on Update.

Hope it helps.

Need help updating ios not enough space on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.