You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

printer not working

I have a samsung SCK-3405 FW printer which does not work from my Mac computer . I talked to samsung and they told me you changed the program and it won't work without the new program

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 11:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 12:54 AM

Hello,

Do you mean a Samsung SCX-3405FW?

If so, that model is not mentioned in the latest (Published Date: January 05, 2021) About AirPrint - Apple Support article as an AirPrint model (but an HP SCX-3405W is). However, in the About AirPrint article Last Modified: Dec 10, 2015, the Samsung SCX-3405FW was in the list. This is all a bit confusing. Please double-check the exact printer model, including a suffix.

If a printer in fact is AirPrint-capable, it can be used without a driver. This would of course be important when drivers from the printer manufacturer are not available any more.

It is also possible to carry out a test with an iPhone or an iPad (connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the printer). An AirPrint printer should appear as selectable on the iPhone/iPad if you try to print.

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 13, 2021 12:54 AM in response to Grandforks12

Hello,

Do you mean a Samsung SCX-3405FW?

If so, that model is not mentioned in the latest (Published Date: January 05, 2021) About AirPrint - Apple Support article as an AirPrint model (but an HP SCX-3405W is). However, in the About AirPrint article Last Modified: Dec 10, 2015, the Samsung SCX-3405FW was in the list. This is all a bit confusing. Please double-check the exact printer model, including a suffix.

If a printer in fact is AirPrint-capable, it can be used without a driver. This would of course be important when drivers from the printer manufacturer are not available any more.

It is also possible to carry out a test with an iPhone or an iPad (connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the printer). An AirPrint printer should appear as selectable on the iPhone/iPad if you try to print.

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

printer not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.