You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my hp 8610 will not scan to my macbook pro

My HP 8610 will not scan to my macbook pro

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 5:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2021 2:29 PM

Consider linking your printer via USB to the computer, and see if it is recognized by Image Capture.

If not, verify that its scanner drivers are available for your installed Mac OS by contacting hp.com/support

2 replies

Jan 14, 2021 2:27 PM in response to SCPO69

Hi SCPO69,

We appreciate you reaching out through Apple Support Communities for help with your HP printer and MacBook Pro. We're happy to help in any way we can.

As this is occurring with a third-party peripheral, you may want to reach out to HP Support directly. First, let's go over some troubleshooting steps to ensure your Mac itself is working as expected.

If you haven't had an opportunity to remove and then re-add your printer, we recommend doing so now. Here's a guide with the recommended steps:

If your HP printer doesn't work and you see a warning that HP software '...will damage your computer'

If you find that the issue persists, the following information from HP may help:

HP Customer Support - Knowledge Base

If you continue to have any issue, reach out to HP directly.

Have a great day!

my hp 8610 will not scan to my macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.