You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Print Preview in Mail Doesn't Always Work

Hello

On occasion when I go to print using Command + P whilst the email I wish to print is highlighted, print preview will be blank as you can see below

As you can see, it pulls a bit of info at the top but not the body of the email.

Not the end of the world as I can simply print from my iPhone which never suffers the same issue, but I am using the Gmail app and not Mail

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Jordan

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 1:22 AM

2 replies

Jan 14, 2021 4:42 PM in response to fuhbags

Hi fuhbags,

We understand you're looking for some help printing email messages from your Mac, and we'll be happy to help.

You mentioned you can print normally from your iPhone, and that you're using the Gmail app.

If you're using the Mail app on your Mac, the following page offers guidance that may help: Print emails in Mail on Mac

You can also print the message from the webmail page for your Gmail account, using Safari: Print or create a PDF of a webpage in Safari on Mac

We hope this helps!

Jan 17, 2021 7:39 AM in response to fuhbags

Hello,

I have the same problem, printing mails is not possible and results in a blank page, PDF export also does not work.

I reset the printer system and the envelop index of Apple Mail - unfortunately without solving the problem.

It seems only Apple Mail is affected. I am also on macOS 11 Big Sur.

Let's hope Apple is aware of it and they will fix it in the next update.

Print Preview in Mail Doesn't Always Work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.