You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Files doesn't show up on external HDD

Hello. I have a problem with my external HDD when I plug it into my Macbook. I am trying to transfer some files from my PC to Mac, and most of my files (mostly photos) doesn't show up on external HDD when I plug it into the Mac, and I can't figure out why. All of those files are there when plugged into the PC. For example, on Mac I can only see the folders, and when I open them, there are no files inside, or even in some cases, half of the photos show up and half doesn't (they all have the same extension btw). Please help if you can. Thank you.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 11:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 11:45 AM

Hello pavle994,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It appears that you're having some issues when attempting to view files on your external hard drive using your Mac. Just to confirm, are you accessing these files using an Admin account? Let us know if this helps: Use external storage devices with Mac

Take care.

Similar questions

6 replies

Files doesn't show up on external HDD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.