You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos: Add Location troubles

For several years now, the feature of adding location to my photos in Mac Photos is troublesome and buggy. Especially, but not only, when I try to add a location to several photos at once, the field responds in a weird way. For example, I try to click it but it doesn't respond. Or it does respond but once I start entering the first letter, it goes blank again.

Has anyone had this experience?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 4:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 5:30 AM

The Info panel is currently frequently losing the focus, particularly, if we select the photos in the Imports or Recents album.

Since the upgrade to Big Sur I am always adding the newly imported photos to a new album and select them in this new album, before I try to add a location, keywords, or other metadata. It seems to be more reliable.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 15, 2021 5:30 AM in response to fivetonine

The Info panel is currently frequently losing the focus, particularly, if we select the photos in the Imports or Recents album.

Since the upgrade to Big Sur I am always adding the newly imported photos to a new album and select them in this new album, before I try to add a location, keywords, or other metadata. It seems to be more reliable.

Photos: Add Location troubles

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.