You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch ID set up problem

When I try to set up a Touch ID on my macbook pro, it asks for my password, but then nothing happens when I enter it. I've tried to search this up but can't find anything. I know that if you enter your password, there should be a pop-up that makes you set up the touch id, but nothing pops up. I've also tried to restart my macbook. This happened after I updated my computer for MacOS Big Sur 11.1, if that helps anything.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 12:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 1:10 PM

jyxzel wrote:

When I try to set up a Touch ID on my macbook pro, it asks for my password, but then nothing happens when I enter it. I've tried to search this up but can't find anything. I know that if you enter your password, there should be a pop-up that makes you set up the touch id, but nothing pops up. I've also tried to restart my macbook. This happened after I updated my computer for MacOS Big Sur 11.1, if that helps anything.

>System Preferences>Touch ID

Use Touch ID on your Mac - Apple Support

If you are having an issue Try resetting the SMC https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 15, 2021 1:10 PM in response to jyxzel

jyxzel wrote:

>System Preferences>Touch ID

Use Touch ID on your Mac - Apple Support

If you are having an issue Try resetting the SMC https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

Touch ID set up problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.