You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air (M1) Mail Crashes

Bought my wife a new MacBook Air for Christmas and now the Reply, Reply All, and Forward buttons causes Mail to crash. I have tried rebuilding all the mailboxes, but it is still crashing.

Mail is basically unusable at this point.

Attached is a screenshot of the error report.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 4:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 3:45 AM

If a full reinstall doesn’t fix it you should probably report it as a bug at https://www.apple.com/feedback/. Yes a MacOS bug or a device bug but my preference would be for the software.

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 18, 2021 9:09 PM in response to Branta_uk

Just upgraded to MacOS 11.1 and this did not work.

I have been digging into this and I found that it starts to bring up a new window before it crashes.

Also, I have notice that some e-mails work and most don't. It happens on all my inboxes. At one point, I thought it had something to do with the weird TO: line in my e-mails. It looks like this: "my e-mail address My Name <my e-mail address>". Some e-mails don't show the TO: line in the display panel. Those seem to work. However, I'm finding some with the weird TO: line that work too. So that's not it.

In addition, the Junk and Trash mailboxes are no longer listed under favorites, They are all separate for each inbox now. I prefer to have junk and trash go to one corresponding mailbox, not 4 separate ones.

MacBook Air (M1) Mail Crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.