You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepod mini loosing bluetooth connection

I have a Homepod and 3 Homepod minis, however it’s very intermittent when using Bluetooth from my iPhone or iPad when streaming radio/music and keeps dropping or playing something random on different Homepod minis. All software is up to date. I’t becoming a real pain to try and choose which speaks play what. Any ideas?

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 1:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 3:57 AM

HomePod uses Bluetooth during set up, and presumably for hand off, but AirPlay runs over Wi-Fi. Do you have Apple Music or iTunes Match? HomePod will try to stream content from source where possible. Unless you have a family subscription to Apple Music you may be limited to one concurrent stream, which it should be possible to stream to multiple devices.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 17, 2021 3:57 AM in response to KAP123

HomePod uses Bluetooth during set up, and presumably for hand off, but AirPlay runs over Wi-Fi. Do you have Apple Music or iTunes Match? HomePod will try to stream content from source where possible. Unless you have a family subscription to Apple Music you may be limited to one concurrent stream, which it should be possible to stream to multiple devices.

tt2

Homepod mini loosing bluetooth connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.