You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Additional Display with Resolution 2560x1440 @ 60 HZ

Hello everybody,

Can anybody propose me any kind of USB-C hub for my display with resolution 2560x1440 @ 60 HZ?

As I read, it is not possible to go with the HDMI port as it has only 30HZ.

I am using the new Macbook Pro 13" 2020 with M1 chip.

Any advise?

Thank you in advance,

Samuel

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 1:14 PM

4 replies

Jan 19, 2021 8:59 AM in response to SamSloboda

SamSloboda wrote:

Hello everybody,

Can anybody propose me any kind of USB-C hub for my display with resolution 2560x1440 @ 60 HZ?
As I read, it is not possible to go with the HDMI port as it has only 30HZ.

I am using the new Macbook Pro 13" 2020 with M1 chip.

Any advise?

Thank you in advance,
Samuel

According to the tech Specs the M1 does not support 2 external monitors.

See:

Machine specs for video Support say one external monitor is supported—M1 MacBookPro 13”

https://www.apple.com/ca/macbook-pro-13/specs/

'There is only one available hardware rasterizer display generator in the M1 Macs 2020

You can not create a second hardware accelerated display.

You can create a simulated display with Display Link hardware & software, but this is not a full motion video display.'

You can read more— see Grant Bennet-Alder

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252104391

Jan 19, 2021 9:38 AM in response to SamSloboda

To be clear, you just want to use a single external display with your M1 Mac, at 2560x1440 resolution. What display make/model?

HDMI will support up a 4K 60 Hz display so all you should need is a USB-C to HDMI cable. However, it really depends on your monitor's inputs. Order of preference is Thunderbolt 3 > USB-C > DisplayPort > HDMI. If your display has only HDMI, that's what you need to use.

Additional Display with Resolution 2560x1440 @ 60 HZ

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.