You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 pro 256gb apple logo single flash upon restart

Hi,

Anyone experiencing the following when restarting their iPhones?!

The apple logo flashes only once (then phone is still off) then after about 10 seconds, the phone starts up as usual (logo shows and stays on until boot up).

It seems that recent production models that came with ios 14.3 pre installed are experiencing this problem.

I wonder if this is a hardware issue or just a software issue which the next ios could resolve.... Anyone any feedback would be highly appreciated!

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 7:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 5:14 PM

This has been reported a few times now; we don't know yet how it will be resolved by Apple, nor whether it's a hardware or software issue. As it's been flagged over the past week or so only, it might take a few more days to get an answer. I've flagged it with Apple Support and sent them links to half a dozen links on these forums that describe the same issue.

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 18, 2021 5:14 PM in response to josabu

This has been reported a few times now; we don't know yet how it will be resolved by Apple, nor whether it's a hardware or software issue. As it's been flagged over the past week or so only, it might take a few more days to get an answer. I've flagged it with Apple Support and sent them links to half a dozen links on these forums that describe the same issue.

Jan 20, 2021 12:07 AM in response to JIJ184

I was talking to someone at the Apple Store today, and when I described the problem, he showed me that his own personal phone, which he picked up a week ago (12 Pro), was doing the same thing. As the phone is still working, he didn't look into it futher, but he didn't think it was normal either.

So for now, just waiting to see if there is eventually an official Apple response. Given that other iOS devices do not boot up this way, I'd also say this is not normal.

Jan 20, 2021 6:36 AM in response to Twinkeler

Besides this flash problem, the phone works normal. It depends on your situation. If you just purchase the phone like me, you still have 14 days to return for a full refund. And you can wait until this issue is cleared up. If you are past the return policy, you still are in a good situation because you have one year limited warranty with Apple. Apple will give you a replacement phone if the phone does not power or if this flash problem will cause any other problem to your phone.

iPhone 12 pro 256gb apple logo single flash upon restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.