You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad won’t charge

my ipad is always dead but when i plug it in it charges to one percent then it stops charging. after a few seconds it dies and it will repeat this over and over. i have and iPad mini 2. this problem isn’t the cord because i use the cord on my other devices fine

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 7:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 7:56 AM

All reachable batteries have a finite life. The battery in your iPad mini2 may be approaching the end of its usable lifespan.

These support pages may be helpful:

If your iPad won't charge – Apple Support

Charge and monitor the iPad battery - Apple Support

If the iPad is still functional, you might consider making direct contact with Apple Support - and request a remote battery diagnostic test. You’ll find the Contact Support link at top-right of this page. You can also initiate a support case using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, it can be obtained from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

Alternatively, the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store will be able run full diagnostics - and provide appropriate advice and options on the basis of test results.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 18, 2021 7:56 AM in response to kathryn1235

All reachable batteries have a finite life. The battery in your iPad mini2 may be approaching the end of its usable lifespan.

These support pages may be helpful:

If your iPad won't charge – Apple Support

Charge and monitor the iPad battery - Apple Support

If the iPad is still functional, you might consider making direct contact with Apple Support - and request a remote battery diagnostic test. You’ll find the Contact Support link at top-right of this page. You can also initiate a support case using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, it can be obtained from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

Alternatively, the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store will be able run full diagnostics - and provide appropriate advice and options on the basis of test results.

iPad won’t charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.