You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 16" Touch Bar stopped working.

The touch bar on my MacBook pro has suddenly stopped working. After reading a few posts, I went to the keyboard settings and it's not even showing up in the menu as an option. I am on Big Sur OS. I've tried restarting and it didn't work. I've also tried force quitting the touch bar server.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 5:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 11:58 AM

Hello vlcarlisle,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your post that the Touch Bar on your MacBook Pro has stopped working. In a situation like this resetting both the SMC and NVRAM may help. These articles will provide you with steps on how to reset both the SMC and NVRAM:

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

Let us know how it goes.

Best Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 20, 2021 11:58 AM in response to vlcarlisle

Hello vlcarlisle,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your post that the Touch Bar on your MacBook Pro has stopped working. In a situation like this resetting both the SMC and NVRAM may help. These articles will provide you with steps on how to reset both the SMC and NVRAM:

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

Let us know how it goes.

Best Regards.

MacBook Pro 16" Touch Bar stopped working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.