You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Regarding Apple Family Share Storage plan.

I want to upgrade to the family sharing plan. I have a question regarding the storage. I am taking a 200GB iCloud storage plan. is this storage for all the family members combinedly or for each member?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 10:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 10:36 AM

It is for all of you to share. How much each user gets in the end depends upon how much each user takes. So if one person uploads 190 GB of files there's only 10 GB left for everybody else. It would be a bit like a house with moveable walls.

The 200 GB is total, it isn't added on top of the 5 GB each of you get for free.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 19, 2021 10:36 AM in response to phani238

It is for all of you to share. How much each user gets in the end depends upon how much each user takes. So if one person uploads 190 GB of files there's only 10 GB left for everybody else. It would be a bit like a house with moveable walls.

The 200 GB is total, it isn't added on top of the 5 GB each of you get for free.

Regarding Apple Family Share Storage plan.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.