You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mini m1 unable to check the updates

Hi,

Anyone experienced "Unable to check for updates, make sure you are connected to the internet" on mac m1? I am currently at 11.1 version of Big Sur

Alex

Mac mini, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 11:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 1:55 AM

Found a solution. Based on a Sun Kudsen's youtube video I did a patch, where it should fix sending the information to Apple for every app I open on MAC. the patch is to insert "echo "127.0.0.1 ocsp.apple.com" | sudo tee -a /etc/hosts" to loop the connection to localhost, but not to apple services, but apparently it blocks the connection for updates too.... After removing the line from /etc/hosts file updates started to work

Hope it will be helpful for someone who researches privacy options :)

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 19, 2021 1:55 AM in response to alexnetdoc

Found a solution. Based on a Sun Kudsen's youtube video I did a patch, where it should fix sending the information to Apple for every app I open on MAC. the patch is to insert "echo "127.0.0.1 ocsp.apple.com" | sudo tee -a /etc/hosts" to loop the connection to localhost, but not to apple services, but apparently it blocks the connection for updates too.... After removing the line from /etc/hosts file updates started to work

Hope it will be helpful for someone who researches privacy options :)

Mac mini m1 unable to check the updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.