You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I use iTune to back up my iPad do the photos on photo app all messages on msg app and all emails on mail app get backed up?

When I use iTune to back up my iPad do the photos on photo app all messages on msg app and all emails on mail app get backed up?

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 7:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 7:33 PM

Please refer to About backups for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support, which states:

"Backups from your computer

A computer backup of your device, which is not the same as a sync, includes almost all of your device's data and settings. A backup from a computer doesn't include:

• Content from the iTunes and App Stores, or PDFs downloaded directly to Apple Books
  • Content synced from Finder or iTunes, like imported MP3s or CDs, videos, books, and photos
  • Data already stored in iCloud, like iCloud Photos, iMessages, and text (SMS) and multimedia (MMS) messages
  • Face ID or Touch ID settings
  • Apple Pay information and settings
  • Apple Mail data
  • Activity, Health, and Keychain data (to back up this content, you'll need to use Encrypted Backup in iTunes.)

Learn how to make a backups from your computer, how to find them on your Mac or PC, and how to delete backups that you no longer need."

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 20, 2021 7:33 PM in response to sima39

Please refer to About backups for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support, which states:

"Backups from your computer

A computer backup of your device, which is not the same as a sync, includes almost all of your device's data and settings. A backup from a computer doesn't include:

• Content from the iTunes and App Stores, or PDFs downloaded directly to Apple Books
  • Content synced from Finder or iTunes, like imported MP3s or CDs, videos, books, and photos
  • Data already stored in iCloud, like iCloud Photos, iMessages, and text (SMS) and multimedia (MMS) messages
  • Face ID or Touch ID settings
  • Apple Pay information and settings
  • Apple Mail data
  • Activity, Health, and Keychain data (to back up this content, you'll need to use Encrypted Backup in iTunes.)

Learn how to make a backups from your computer, how to find them on your Mac or PC, and how to delete backups that you no longer need."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.