You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Videos app not downloading

I tried to copy some movies to my iPhone 8 Plus. When syncing in iTunes, I got an error that says "iTunes cannot sync movies or TV shows to the iPhone '<phone>' because the TV app or the Videos app is not installed." There are approximately six grillion apps that appear when searching for "videos" in the App Store, so I went to the Search screen on my phone. This found the Videos app in the App Store, so I clicked on it. The information at the top of the screen says "This app requires specific features not available on this device." However, the Compatibility entry in the Information section says it works on this iPhone. What feature is missing on my phone that precludes my watching videos?

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 10:44 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jan 23, 2021 2:38 PM in response to devender288

Hello devender288,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

If we understand your post correctly, you received an error message that said iTunes cannot sync movies or TV shows to the iPhone because the TV app or the Videos app is not installed so you tried to install the Videos app but received another message saying This app requires specific features not available on this device. We're happy to help out.

The video app you're trying to install is outdated. What you want to install is the Apple TV app. The article below will help you with Apple TV app.

Watch movies, TV shows, and live content in the Apple TV app

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Videos app not downloading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.