You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screenshots have suddenly started sending in Mail

When I press Command, shift, 3 or command, shift, 4 the screenshots use to save in my screenshots folder on Dropbox. Yesterday they suddenly started sending the screenshot direct to a new mail message which although useful for some things isn't what I require. Why has it stopped sending them to my screenshots folder on Dropbox and how do I reverse the situation?

Thanks!

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 7:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 8:57 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, android1968!

We understand you're having trouble with screenshots opening a mail message instead of saving to your Dropbox folder. We'd be happy to provide information to help you resolve this.

It sounds like somehow a setting got changed. Follow the steps here, specifically pressing Shift-Command-5 and going to options to change where the screenshot is saved: Take screenshots or screen recordings on Mac

Let us know the results.

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 25, 2021 8:57 AM in response to android1968

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, android1968!

We understand you're having trouble with screenshots opening a mail message instead of saving to your Dropbox folder. We'd be happy to provide information to help you resolve this.

It sounds like somehow a setting got changed. Follow the steps here, specifically pressing Shift-Command-5 and going to options to change where the screenshot is saved: Take screenshots or screen recordings on Mac

Let us know the results.

Have a great day!

Jan 25, 2021 9:03 AM in response to android1968

android1968 wrote:

When I press Command, shift, 3 or command, shift, 4 the screenshots use to save in my screenshots folder on Dropbox. Yesterday they suddenly started sending the screenshot direct to a new mail message which although useful for some things isn't what I require. Why has it stopped sending them to my screenshots folder on Dropbox and how do I reverse the situation?
Thanks!

Make changes to Options

Shift Command 5 see Options, choose your Dropbox if that is what you want. There may have been some change in the Dropbox preferences as well—check your third party app if in doubt.

Screenshots have suddenly started sending in Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.