You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Im wondering if do i need to turn off my ipad when not in use with magic keyboard? Or i just need to close and it automatically turns off?

Im wondering if do i need to turn off my ipad when not in use with magic keyboard? Or i just need to close and it automatically turns off? Thank you

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 4:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 4:26 PM

Your iPad should automatically enter its low power “sleep” state after a being idle for a short period. Unless setting aside your iPad for an extended period (many days), there is little benefit in a complete shut-down of the device.

2 replies

Im wondering if do i need to turn off my ipad when not in use with magic keyboard? Or i just need to close and it automatically turns off?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.