You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to send SMS/MMS messages to Android phones

Anytime i attempt to send a text message (SMS/MMS) to an Android user on my iPhone 12 Pro Max, it fails to send. I have tried turning using both WiFi or Data, toggling SMS/MMS messaging On/Off, tried turning iMessage off, and restarting the phone. Nothing seems to work. Any suggestions.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 1:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 1:49 PM

Is this issue only with this particular user or with any recipient for sending SMS/MMS message to? If it is only this user, then it may be possible that they are blocking you. SMS/MMS is a cellular provider feature so if they are not blocking you, you will need to contact yours to further assistance with this matter.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 24, 2021 1:49 PM in response to meyouus

Is this issue only with this particular user or with any recipient for sending SMS/MMS message to? If it is only this user, then it may be possible that they are blocking you. SMS/MMS is a cellular provider feature so if they are not blocking you, you will need to contact yours to further assistance with this matter.

Unable to send SMS/MMS messages to Android phones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.