You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12Pro Max - iOS 14.3 - Bluetooth audio --no audio sound (shows playing)-- after mode switch

Overview - After iOS14.3 update - in BOTH my Airpods and Mercedes audio, everything is paired and working and playing but if there is anything that disrupts first, when it resumes playing the song, there is no audio.

How to reproduce:

Scenario - Airpod. Play music in iTunes. Using siri, tell it to skip a song. Music skips to next song and plays but no audio. Fixed by turning bluetooth off on phone for 5 seconds and turning back on. Once I had to re-pair the Airpod for it to work.

Scenario - Mercedes - I'm on phone talking. Go into car and startup. My phone conversation switches to car bluetooth...everything works. When I hang up, the iTunes plays where it left off --song, album cover displays and song progresses---but NO audio. Fix by turning off bluetooth for 5 seconds and turning back on....but have to make sure I wait until music plays before doing anything else like getting on phone, backing up (which rear camera comes up and delays pairing).

Started happening with iOS14.3. Everything was working 100% reliably before latest update.

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 9:36 PM

2 replies

Jan 26, 2021 4:32 PM in response to Tednapa

Hello Tednapa,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with bluetooth issues with your iPhone.

First, please update to iOS 14.4: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you still have issues, please reset your AirPods: Reset your AirPods - Apple Support

For your car connection, please verify your vehicle supports CarPlay: Apple CarPlay - More than 600 models to choose from. - Apple Support

Next, ensure everything is set up properly as described this help article: Use CarPlay with your iPhone - Apple Support

If you still need help, please check this troubleshooting article: How to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your car - Apple Support

There is a step mentioning the need to check if the car stereo needs an update to work with the new iOS version, stating:

"Make sure that your CarPlay stereo is using the latest firmware from the car manufacturer. Check your car's manual for more information."

Thanks again and have a great rest of your day.

iPhone 12Pro Max - iOS 14.3 - Bluetooth audio --no audio sound (shows playing)-- after mode switch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.