You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music in Big Sur 11.1 does not transmit crossfade, eq, volume and trimmed duration to airplay

I have had itunes since day one, do have playlists with eq, volume, duration ajustment and use the crossfade feature at all times. I just got the new itunes (MUSIC) and nothing is being transmitted to my apple home pod, apple tv, airport express. In other words, MUSIC is not compatible with airplay streaming... This is not consistent that an apple app does not communicate with another one. I have thousands of song, multiple playlists for different settings (classroom, weddings, waiting rooms, study group, yoga classe, hi fi music listening club etc..) and my new MacBookpro is useless, I need to use my old computer to stream music everywhere....?

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 9:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 2:21 PM

If you use the Mac's volume control to route audio to HomePod rather than AirPlay from Music you may find that those other features work. That does however limit you to a single speaker. Use Feedback - HomePod - Apple to share your thoughts with Apple.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 26, 2021 6:04 AM in response to turingtest2

No not a solution. All my playlists in MUSIC have been adjusted, volume wise, eq wise, and the crossfade option in essential to us. We have worked years with itunes getting all our sound and music courses with all the presets of itunes. The fact that this parameters are transmitted in the 1/8 jack does ring a bell that this illogical. Why would MUSIC and its features not be compatible with its own brand? If you have abilities to put eq in MUSIC and it's of no use in aiplay, but you hear it in the headphones, it's just routing...

Music in Big Sur 11.1 does not transmit crossfade, eq, volume and trimmed duration to airplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.