You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR makes crackling/ popping noises?

Hiya. Recently I’ve noticed my iPhone XR makes these popping noises. It’s most often when I’m not even playing any audio just randomly. I’m really confused because it doesn’t affect audio when I do play music or watch a video etc. It’s a new phone so I hope it’s not broken or anything! Please somebody help

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 3:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 12:13 PM

Hello, aroojxi!

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! From your post, it sounds like you're noticing unexpected sounds from your iPhone when there's no audio playing. We know this can be concerning and would like to help.

Do you notice any notifications coming in when the sound goes off, or is there a pattern to when it happens?

You'll want to make sure you have the latest iOS version installed on your iPhone, which can help with many one-off type issues. For help with updates:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If this persists, Contact Apple Support.

Best wishes!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 28, 2021 12:13 PM in response to aroojxi

Hello, aroojxi!

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! From your post, it sounds like you're noticing unexpected sounds from your iPhone when there's no audio playing. We know this can be concerning and would like to help.

Do you notice any notifications coming in when the sound goes off, or is there a pattern to when it happens?

You'll want to make sure you have the latest iOS version installed on your iPhone, which can help with many one-off type issues. For help with updates:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If this persists, Contact Apple Support.

Best wishes!

iPhone XR makes crackling/ popping noises?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.