You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calibrating Apple Watch for Treadmill

I have an Apple Watch 6 and my distance is really off on the treadmill. Around 2 miles for a 5 mile run. I’ve read that you can go outside and use GPS to calibrate it your stride but it’s winter here and I’m training indoors. Is there any other way to calibrate the watch? With my Garmin I can input the treadmill distance after a run and it learns that way. I can understand Apple being off on the treadmill distance but it’s such a drastic difference it really isn’t doing me any good.

Apple Watch

Posted on Jan 27, 2021 7:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 6:35 AM

I’m aware of that method but it’s not the best option during winter. Does Apple allow you to input your distance similar to Garmin or is running outside the only option for calibrating the watch?

Similar questions

4 replies

Calibrating Apple Watch for Treadmill

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.