You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro 13 M1 ssd upgrade

Hi to everyone who is reading my question!

I would like to buy MBP 13" with an M1 chip (2020 edition), and I would like to save some cash on a purchase.

Q:

1. If I buy it with 256GB SSD storage, is it possible if required later on at the Service center to Upgrade it up to 512 GB SSD?
  2. Do I have to configure at the beginning of the Purchase process via Apple's web page possibly required Storage?

Posted on Jan 27, 2021 8:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 7:27 PM

The SSD and memory in the M1 series MacBooks are soldered to the logic board during manufacture so they can NOT be upgraded later. You should consider your long term requirement and order your new MacBook with this in mind, although you can increase storage by using an external accessory disk drive.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 31, 2021 7:27 PM in response to yerkin90KZ

The SSD and memory in the M1 series MacBooks are soldered to the logic board during manufacture so they can NOT be upgraded later. You should consider your long term requirement and order your new MacBook with this in mind, although you can increase storage by using an external accessory disk drive.

Jan 31, 2021 6:58 PM in response to yerkin90KZ

Greetings, yerkin90KZ!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! That's an excellent question you have about the storage upgrade after purchasing a new MacBook Pro. For questions about purchasing a MacBook Pro and configuration options, we suggest checking out this link for Contacting Apple to reach out to the Sales representatives.

Have a super day!

macbook pro 13 M1 ssd upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.