You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wired mouse with iMac

i'm suddenly told my mouse needs recharging to connect to my iMac. this doesn't have batteries, and needs to be recharged via a usb port, meanwhile I can't use the mouse while it's recharging. While this is happening, can i operate my keyboard with another mouse or must i use the wired one that came with my iMac?

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 9:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 10:56 AM

You can use another mouse while your bluetooth mouse is recharging.

6 replies

Jan 28, 2021 12:52 PM in response to maxwell19

Yes you can use a USB mouse (and keyboard) and it is wise to recharge your mouse right before you go to bed about 1-2 times per month. The next morning you will wake to a fully charged mouse. The same holds true for your keyboard, charge the mouse and keyboard on alternating weeks. As a best practice create a reminder or an event on your Calendar so you don't forget.

wired mouse with iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.