You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone won't turn on !!!

My iPhone was doing an update but my phone storage is full and now its stuck and won't turn on. I haven't backed up since last year and I cannot afford to loose my photographs PLEASE PLEASE HELP PLEASE !!!!

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 6:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 7:38 PM

Try a forced restart. As to whether you'll lose data, I can't tell you you will or won't. The time to ensure you don't lose data is long before something goes wrong. So if you do, this may be a painful lesson. BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP.

For iPhone 11:

1. Press and quickly release volume up button
  2. Then press and quickly release volume down button
  3. Then press and keep holding the side power button (keep holding past the swipe to power off) until you see the Apple Logo, then let go

See if your phone comes back up and hopefully no data loss. DO NOT TRY TO UPDATE UNTIL YOU'VE BACKED UP YOUR PHONE and then you will have to start deleting things you don't need or use like Photos, Apps, Music, Messages, Email, Files, etc., to ensure you have several GB of free space on the phone.

It appears you bought a phone which doesn't have enough memory to meet your needs. You should give consideration to a newer phone with more memory. Once purchased, there is no way to add memory as the physical memory on iPhone is fixed at purchase.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 29, 2021 7:38 PM in response to T_K_D

Try a forced restart. As to whether you'll lose data, I can't tell you you will or won't. The time to ensure you don't lose data is long before something goes wrong. So if you do, this may be a painful lesson. BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP.

For iPhone 11:

1. Press and quickly release volume up button
  2. Then press and quickly release volume down button
  3. Then press and keep holding the side power button (keep holding past the swipe to power off) until you see the Apple Logo, then let go

See if your phone comes back up and hopefully no data loss. DO NOT TRY TO UPDATE UNTIL YOU'VE BACKED UP YOUR PHONE and then you will have to start deleting things you don't need or use like Photos, Apps, Music, Messages, Email, Files, etc., to ensure you have several GB of free space on the phone.

It appears you bought a phone which doesn't have enough memory to meet your needs. You should give consideration to a newer phone with more memory. Once purchased, there is no way to add memory as the physical memory on iPhone is fixed at purchase.

Jan 29, 2021 9:54 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Hi, thanks for your reply the issue i have now is that I cannot access my phone so Im unable to delete or update via iPhone. I am trying to download and update via iTunes however i'm getting the following message: ......."The iPhone "iPhone" could not be updated. The disk you are attempting to use is full. Remove files and empting the trash will free up additional space"........ Does anyone have any idea how to access a phone to delete files that is currently in recovery mode and won't turn on??.

Jan 30, 2021 5:15 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Hi thanks for taking the time to reply. So i've made lots of space on my MacBook. I've updated both mac software and downloaded the latest iTunes version. Now i'm getting the following error message: ...........The iPhone "iPhone' could not be updated. The device cannot be found. .......... any suggestions to what this might be?

iPhone won't turn on !!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.