You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Got a pop up from apple security saying a hacker is tracking me. Then another pop up with (17) system notification And have checked my device list. There is only my own devices listed. What should I do next? Is it safe to change my password?

I have followed Apple instructions for this and checked my devices list. The only devices listed are my own. What should I do next? Is it safe to change my password if the device is being hacked?

iPhone XR

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 6:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 6:10 PM

Can you post a screenshot just to be sure, but most likely:

The pop up is not from Apple security. It's a scam attempt.

And, iOS devices cannot be hacked unless you've done something to jailbreak it.

1 reply

Got a pop up from apple security saying a hacker is tracking me. Then another pop up with (17) system notification And have checked my device list. There is only my own devices listed. What should I do next? Is it safe to change my password?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.