You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard is not detected after upgrading from Catalina to BigSur

Hi Experts,

I am running an issue with the keyboard when I upgraded Mac OS from Catalina to BigSur.

I successfully installed BigSur and after fresh installation it is working fine. Later I have restarted the Mac from then keyboard is not getting detected, I also downgraded from BigSur to Mojave still the issue persists.

Let me know if you have any ideas.

details - MacBook Pro 2015

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 4:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 4:41 AM

You don't clarify whether you are referring to the built-in keyboard of the MacBook Pro or an external keyboard. In either case, one that fails across two different operating systems has issues. If it is an internal keyboard, schedule time with an Apple Store, or Apple Authorized Service Center. EIther keyboard may need replacement.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 31, 2021 4:41 AM in response to yaswanthbs

You don't clarify whether you are referring to the built-in keyboard of the MacBook Pro or an external keyboard. In either case, one that fails across two different operating systems has issues. If it is an internal keyboard, schedule time with an Apple Store, or Apple Authorized Service Center. EIther keyboard may need replacement.

Keyboard is not detected after upgrading from Catalina to BigSur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.