You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don’t have remote control. How can I pair iphone with Apple TV?

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 2:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 6:29 PM

SabraS Said:

"'Get a remote control. You'd have to pair the remove control with the Apple TV first, then proceed with pairing your iPhone with the Apple TV.' This is not really helpful. Surely there is another solution other than buying yet another piece of junk. Haven't we spent enough money? I can't believe how expensive and hard it has become to watch TV."

-------

I misread your post.

Go Here:

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 31, 2021 6:29 PM in response to SabraS

SabraS Said:

"'Get a remote control. You'd have to pair the remove control with the Apple TV first, then proceed with pairing your iPhone with the Apple TV.' This is not really helpful. Surely there is another solution other than buying yet another piece of junk. Haven't we spent enough money? I can't believe how expensive and hard it has become to watch TV."

-------

I misread your post.

Go Here:

Feb 1, 2021 2:06 PM in response to TheLittles

My remote wasn't working. I found the following thread.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2762069?answerId=13124056022#13124056022.

"hold down the menu + back arrow simultaneously for 10 secs.. " That worked for the remote.

Getting to the access code was complicated and I can't remember what I did, but now with the

remote, it was possible and in the end I got in. Persistence was my super power. One thought I

had was to get on Nextdoor to ask a neighbor if they had an Apple TV remote I could borrow for

20 min. I wish I could be more helpful.

Jan 31, 2021 5:09 PM in response to TheLittles

"Get a remote control. You'd have to pair the remove control with the Apple TV first, then proceed with pairing your iPhone with the Apple TV."

This is not really helpful. Surely there is another solution other than buying yet another piece of junk. Haven't we spent enough money? I can't believe how expensive and hard it has become to watch TV.

Jan 31, 2021 8:28 PM in response to SabraS

lidia267 Said:

"I don’t have remote control. How can I pair iphone with Apple TV?: I'm sorry if I was rude. I had spent hours trying to get my remote to work, which I finally did. Unfortunately, this doesn't help lidia267."

-------

No worries.

So, what is the Solution?

Did it just start working again? Or is there a particular fix to this. If there is a particular fix to this, then please provide it, as I am certain it would help many out there.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.