You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, the screenshot is really loud and annoying! I like having screenshots, but the sound is distracting to other family and co-workers. Turning off phone sound is not acceptable solution because then I miss calls. We need a way to disable this sound

How can I disable this sound forever? But still keep my volume on to receive calls or listen to music

iPhone 11

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 10:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 11:06 AM

There is a sound switch on the left side of your phone. Flip it off, take your screenshot, then flip the switch back on so you don’t miss your calls. It takes a fraction of a second. I wouldn’t expect a software option for this anytime soon since the switch already makes it so incredibly easy.

1 reply

Hi, the screenshot is really loud and annoying! I like having screenshots, but the sound is distracting to other family and co-workers. Turning off phone sound is not acceptable solution because then I miss calls. We need a way to disable this sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.