You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot passcode, Apple ID and email for iPhone 6 Plus

Recieved a hand me down iphone 6 plus from my sister in the UK , it was linked to her apple ID ,then changed it to use my nephews apple ID .. my nephew got a new phone and had a new apple ID ...

my problem ... my nephew forgot passcode ,apple ID and email linked to his old apple ID .. I followed the reset instructions using the computer but the phone needs the apple ID ..

what do I do ?Theres no apple support store in Kenya where I reside

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 2:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 3:33 AM

Recycle it. This situation is indistinguishable from a lost or stolen iPhone, and Activation Lock is a theft deterrent, and it wouldn’t be a deterrent if it were easily bypassed. Or ship it all back to the original purchaser, assuming they have the original proof of purchase and matching photo ID, and they can then discuss resetting the device with Apple.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 2, 2021 3:33 AM in response to margrette144

Recycle it. This situation is indistinguishable from a lost or stolen iPhone, and Activation Lock is a theft deterrent, and it wouldn’t be a deterrent if it were easily bypassed. Or ship it all back to the original purchaser, assuming they have the original proof of purchase and matching photo ID, and they can then discuss resetting the device with Apple.

Forgot passcode, Apple ID and email for iPhone 6 Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.