You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new iPad will not connect to my router

How can I get my new iPad to connect to my router?

iPad Air, iOS 11

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 4:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 10:16 AM

FrustrationUnlimited wrote:

Complicated! Sometimes it connects and sometimes not. When it connects, it may scroll? Buffer? for a while until it catches up, then continues.

My grandson thought I might have better response with a newer model. Just got this last week.

This statement suggests that your issue pre-existed your new iPad - as you were experiencing difficulties with your previous iPad. This almost certainly shifts the likely cause of difficulties from your iPad - to your WiFi Router or other WiFi network components such as range-extenders (if used).

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 2, 2021 10:16 AM in response to FrustrationUnlimited

FrustrationUnlimited wrote:

Complicated! Sometimes it connects and sometimes not. When it connects, it may scroll? Buffer? for a while until it catches up, then continues.

My grandson thought I might have better response with a newer model. Just got this last week.

This statement suggests that your issue pre-existed your new iPad - as you were experiencing difficulties with your previous iPad. This almost certainly shifts the likely cause of difficulties from your iPad - to your WiFi Router or other WiFi network components such as range-extenders (if used).

Feb 2, 2021 9:58 AM in response to LotusPilot

Sometimes what should be a picture on Facebook is just a grey square.

we have 3 computers, 2 iPads and 3 iPhones and my iPad is the only one that has problems.

it will also close a program and say that an internet connection is required. I check settings and it says my Wi-Fi is connected.

I am an octogenarian not a savvy teenager and had an older model. My grandson thought I might have better response with a newer model. Just got this last week.

My new iPad will not connect to my router

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.